OSEx Fmt Options

D

djmalachi

So, maybe this is just too good to be true, but can't I just select "DVD Image" from the Fmt dropdown and drag the image to Toast Titanium and produce a backup of my DVD with OSEx 0.010b?

How about the "DVD Folders" option? Is it possible to rip the DVD, then drag the title folder to Toast in DVD mode and just burn- all menus, features, and subtitles incuded?

I'm trying it right now, but I would think Mac programs like DVD2One wouldn't exist if this is going to work. If this won't work- What's the next step after ripping the files to the hard drive with OSEx? What should I do with these VOB files? Sizzle won't open them, and I don't know what the **** pipeline is supposed to do. Do they just compress the files to fit on DVD-R?

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
djmalachi said:
So, maybe this is just too good to be true, but can't I just select "DVD Image" from the Fmt dropdown and drag the image to Toast Titanium and produce a backup of my DVD with OSEx 0.010b?

How about the "DVD Folders" option? Is it possible to rip the DVD, then drag the title folder to Toast in DVD mode and just burn- all menus, features, and subtitles incuded?

I'm trying it right now, but I would think Mac programs like DVD2One wouldn't exist if this is going to work. If this won't work- What's the next step after ripping the files to the hard drive with OSEx? What should I do with these VOB files? Sizzle won't open them, and I don't know what the **** pipeline is supposed to do. Do they just compress the files to fit on DVD-R?

Thanks for the help!

You see, OSEx just decrypts the DVD and copies it to your hard drive but doesn't compress it to fit on standard multimedia DVD+/-Rs. Thus the reason for DVD2OneX

Tutorial @ http://macx.ws/tuts/001.html (I think) if not try http://macx.ws/old/tuts/001.html

sKaD

OP
L

Lance

Here's what I don't understand:

I have a DVD with some music videos on it, and I would like to rip a few of them to burn to a DVD-R, kind of like making my own custom CD-R from an iTunes playlist. The thing is, the videos do not exist on the DVD as separate .vob files, but are all crammed into a single .vob. I can use the Fmt - Prog Streams option to pull just the videos I want, but the output is just a .vob file (no .ifo or .bup files) and I can't figure out what to do with it. (Plus, when I try to play just this .vob file using, e.g., VLC Media Player, it has noticeable jumps and skips.)

If I use the Fmt - DVD Folders option, I just get a (decrypted?) version of all of the files on the original DVD, and all the videos are still crammed together in one big .vob file.

I have DVDBackup and DVD2OneX as well, but I still can't figure out how to make this work. Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.