HELP!!! Power Macintosh (AIO) Won't work!!

I

iMacMan

This computer was working fine when I had tried to use it, now it just blinks the keyboard lights, makes that cool tada noise when it OS 7.6.1 Starts up and then nothing. no monitor. no LED on the monitor. it is a Power Macintosh 5400/200 and it is at my old school. i do not have any-time access to it. so I just need some HELP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I have used these computers before... check

A) try restarting the computer, by turning the switch on the back off, then on, then press they keyboard power button

B) It could be a dead PRam (clock) battery, look into replacing it...

C) one of your ram dimms could have failed

D) Chance that the analog board/power suppy are failing...

Do the fans spin up, and does the front green light turn on?

OP
I

iMacMan

A) Tried it
B) Can't do that, school computer
C) ""
D) ""

Front Green Light, None
Fans Spin Up, Yes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, if the fans spin up, but the front green light doesn't go on, its most likely some type of logic board issue... on those syle macs, the green light turns on only AFTER the system logic board issues the ok.. on other models, the light goes on as soon as you turn on the computer...

OP
I

iMacMan

I moved it twice, once from a hallway to a classroom, then left it in the classroom for a while, and then back to the hall again. When I moved it in to the classroom, no problem, i kept it there, no problem, i moved it out to the hall, and it now doesn't work. could it involve the fact that i moved it back to the hall? I don't think I hit anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
must be some type of loose connection. or failing part... if it works sometimes but not others... wish I could help more, but I don't know what to do now...

OP
I

iMacMan

Not sometimes, just never. The thing just took a crap on us. It'll make the ding noise when it starts, the fans start runnin, and that's it. so really, that's all I can say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.