locked out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
Hope some one can help my account has been locked and I cannot download updates tried till I am going mad to unlock but all efforts have failed .I have a list of numbers sent by apple to unlock my account but when I input these numbers it then requests my password which is not recognised, reset my password got an email from apple telling me my password has been changed went all through same old routine again got another number put it in and then the new password not recognised again,finally to make matters worse when I tried again it started asking me for a security number for my ipad which I dont have,the only number I have for my ipad is the one that I put in to open my ipad this is a 6 digit number the one that apple is asking for has only 4 digit box.In all I have a list of 6 numbers sent from apple that is the number of times that I have tried to unlock my account.Is there any way to delete my account and set up a new account to by pass this problem.:(
regards Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
If you delete your account (I am assuming you are referring to your apple id account) - and I do not believe you can do that - and create a new on then you will loose any apps or iTunes music you have previously purchased.

I would try calling them directly: https://www.apple.com/uk/contact/

Lisa

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
Thanks Lisa for your advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I "think" the message you received, was telling you, the code you needed was being sent to your iPad, for verification purposes? Try the same steps again, this time have your iPad with you, and when you get that message, turn on your iPad, and check to see if the code was sent to the iPad?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.