• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

23" custom iMac???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
I went to my local Futureshop (like a Best Buy) today and one of the guys working there said the iMac comes in 17" and 20" but you could also get a special order 23". I don't know how true this is. I've never heard of it. I'm thinking the guy was getting the iMac sizes confused with the Apple Cinema displays. Anyone else hear of a 23" special order iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
mynameis said:
Not on Apple's Site = Doesn't exist

exactly everything apple makes is listed on their site, they do not have anything not on their site that they do make.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
hahah wow he must be either stoned or misinformed!

Reaction score
iPodJon120 said:
I went to my local Futureshop today and one of the guys working there said the iMac comes in 17" and 20" but you could also get a special order 23". I don't know how true this is.
Definitely confusing it with the 23" ACD. Future Shop has some of the most misinformed sales people I've ever come across. Some of the stuff you hear these salesmen tell prospective customers regarding PC related stuff (Win and Mac platform) would make you cringe, seriously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
PowerBookG4 said:
exactly everything apple makes is listed on their site, they do not have anything not on their site that they do make.
Could we have that in english please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
iPodJon120 said:
I went to my local Futureshop (like a Best Buy) today and one of the guys working there said the iMac comes in 17" and 20" but you could also get a special order 23". I don't know how true this is. I've never heard of it. I'm thinking the guy was getting the iMac sizes confused with the Apple Cinema displays. Anyone else hear of a 23" special order iMac?

Yeah, based on Apple's history, they usually keep a tight lid on future releases and even local store employees don't know what's coming next. From a customer perspective it's kind of dumb because we don't get to know what's coming out next, but this is also an effective way of preventing product leaks.

It would be cool to have a 23" iMac though. I took my mom to the local Apple store a few months ago to show her Apple's stuff and while she was wowed at the 30" LCD, she was disappointed that you had to purchase a seperate computer rather than having the entire thing inside the monitor like the iMacs. Can you imagine a 30" iMac...you could probably fit dual hard drives and dual processors in it, lol.

OP
iPodJon120
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
Ya, that's what I figured. I told the guy that he was probably talking about the ACDs but he insisted about the iMac. I just wanted to post it on here just to see if there was any truth to it. I was aware that reseller employees didn't know about future releases so that made it even more skeptical. I didn't want to argue the issue any further. lol

It would be cool if there was a 23" but I'd be kinda pissed cause I just ordered a 20" last week. :p (still waiting to get it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
IronMac said:
Could we have that in english please?

Hey give me a break, I was really really tired. I rarely screw up that bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I wish they'd make a wall-mountable iMac with a 23 or 30" screen. Now that's a home media center!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
to_tough_to_die said:
I wish they'd make a wall-mountable iMac with a 23 or 30" screen. Now that's a home media center!

actually correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the iMac came with a wall-mountable stand, something like a corner stand?

Edit: or actually that you could buy separately...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
BlindingLights said:
actually correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the iMac came with a wall-mountable stand, something like a corner stand?

Edit: or actually that you could buy separately...

As far as I know, the current iMac's can't be mounted...

Reaction score
The iMac G5s before the iSight revision could be mounted I think while the new one's have a diefferent shape case which somehow doesn't allow for hanging it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D3v1L80Y said:
Anything is possible with a little ingenuity...

Wall Mounted iMac

I guess I was unclear as to current. I meant to say the iMacs with integrated iSight.

Granted that is pretty snazy, why would you put it on the wall by your computer desk? If I were to wall-mount mine, I'd stick it in my living room...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.