directtrusted 1.0 extensions - I deleted it. Was it legit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
If you do a Google search it will tell you all about it. HTH

OP
H
Reaction score
If you do a Google search it will tell you all about it. HTH

I did google it before posting and don't see anything for " directtrusted 1.0 extensions"

Google asks if I mean "directtrust" 1.0 extensions. That was not listed in my extensions.

I was hoping to find a reputable independent source for an opinion on directtrusted.

There is something at directtrust.org. But if it is not legit, then I don't want to click there for an opinion of it's own legitimacy...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I don't have any direct knowledge about that extension, and I don't use google, maybe you can try a different search engine? I use DuckDuckGo, most of the time, and switch to others, if DDG, doesn't find what I'm looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
H
Reaction score
I don't have any direct knowledge about that extension, and I don't use google, maybe you can try a different search engine? I use DuckDuckGo, most of the time, and switch to others, if DDG, doesn't find what I'm looking for.

I have used DDG also. No luck there either. Thanks.

OP
H
Reaction score
I don't know where it came from. I just discovered it today. Not sure about Oracle. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know where it came from. I just discovered it today. Not sure about Oracle. Thanks

If you didn't need it or ask for it, you did the right thing by deleting it. And who cares if it was legit or not.

Do you recall if it was a file, folder or some sort of installer or stuffed file???

Who knows what it was for or what it could do???

- Patrick
======

OP
H
Reaction score
If you didn't need it or ask for it, you did the right thing by deleting it. And who cares if it was legit or not.

Do you recall if it was a file, folder or some sort of installer or stuffed file???

Who knows what it was for or what it could do???

- Patrick
======

No, I don't recall now what it was. So far it seems there is no adverse consequence for deleting it. Thanks for following up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I don't recall now what it was. So far it seems there is no adverse consequence for deleting it. Thanks for following up.

Just a delayed thought as I got a notice to update my JAVA yesterday which is an Oracle related thing.

I'm just wondering if your setup may include some related extensions or something. Maybe some games you use as a lot depend on and use JAVA stuff.

Just a wondering thought…

Anyway, I sure can't find any decent info on any Mac related stuff close to that name so just carry on and maybe just one of those odd things that happens sometimes.

- Patrick
======

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks again for your reply. No I have never installed a game on my Mac. In fact, the riskiest site I knowingly have visited is Facebook. The problem may have occurred when, yesterday, I attempted to locate an online source to watch the end of the Alabama football spring game. When I clicked one, I was told Adobe, or something needed to be updated. I don't care about adobe (or whatever it was) except that if it enabled me to view the game (after being switched off by the SEC network in favor of the Georgia spring football scrimmage... why they would do that is crazy :~)). That click, I believe led to my my default search Google, being replaced by something called any search, or some such name). I don't normally go searching around my "extensions." But in an effort to remove any search, discovered the "directed..." extension. Anyway, hopefully, all is fixed now. Have a great day!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Never, ever, click on a link provided by the internet to "install" or "update" something. That's how malware gets installed. Flash, from Adobe, is particularly vulnerable to that type of attack. I get those warnings even though I have the latest version of Flash installed and updated from Adobe.

To update Adobe Flash safely, get the original from Adobe and when it installs, it puts an icon in System Preferences through which you can safely get the authentic Flash updates. Ignore any "click here" buttons for Flash or anything else from the internet. Go to the original source.

You may have other malware on the system. I would get malwarebytes from malwarebytes.com and run it to check. No need to pay malwarebytes, the free version is all you need and you don't need to have it running all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.