HP Scan, Easy Scan problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP15' Intel i7-2.7GHz, 16Gb, NVIDIA GeForceGT
I have a new HP printer. I have uninstalled all HP software using appzapper. deleted the printer from settings-printers and scanners. And then loaded the new HP Envoy 4520 drivers, hp utilities, etc.

But when I go into HP easy scan, it still only has the older printer so there is no way to scan from the mac.

Then when I go to the HP printer, and select scan it shows me the macbook but when I select it to scan to, it says the macbook isn't connected. I can print from the macbook no problem but the scan doesn't seem to be working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, including the apps, HP Utility, HP Easy Scan but it doesn't work.

It seems like the printer is connected but not the scanner. Any ideas? I've newly returned to the macbook so I don't have all the smarts understood. Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Macbook 15", Yosemite 10.10.5, 16Gb Ram,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
But when I go into HP easy scan, it still only has the older printer so there is no way to scan from the mac.

I don't know if the problem would be related but I had to add our Canon Wireless AIO to one of our Macs as it only had a printing option if I used the "network" setup option. So I deleted that "printer" and tried again, but used the "Bonjour" selection/setup option and ended up with the option to print and scan from that printer.

Stange and odd I know, but I did it twice just to check.

So maybe that might work for yours as well. Worth a try eh??? :)

The involved iMac was running El Capitan if it should make any difference.

PS: My Canon AIO scanner was then accessible using the scan icon in the print window as shown by the red arrow , i.e.:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 7.56.23 PM.png

PPS: I believe you actually have a HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer Not an Envoy model. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi kd129

I have exactly the same HP ENVY 4520 all-in-one model. I have to say that in all the years of using printers, this was the easiest by far to set up.

I recognise that such a comment hardly addresses your problem, but it was made in order to emphasise that your model is capable of doing everything you want of it - if we can just get the setup right:)

I set up my printer via System Preferences > Printers & Scanners on my Mac. Got it to recognise the ENVY, added it and sorted things from there.

I don't recall using "Easy Scan" at all, but I may have misremembered as it was a while ago.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't recall using "Easy Scan" at all, but I may have misremembered as it was a while ago.

And you shold be thankful you don't try using it Ian as it barely gets a 2 1/2 star rating but mostly a 1 star rating now as it doesn't even seem to work in Sierra:
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/hp-easy-scan/id967004861?mt=12

I'd suggest the OP use the scan function available from the Printers & Scanners System Prefs window, or use Image Capture. Either should work.

PS: For ease of access, I keep my AIO print/scan icon (when using the Print Queue Window — keep in Dock option) in my Dock. Then I get easy access as per my screenshot above.

Canon also provides an option to install and use its Canon IJ Scan Utility.app, but its pretty crude but at least it works in the Mac OS X environment. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.