all sounds (ringer, alerts and clicks while typing) gone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5",mid2011,2.5 GHz,12 GB mem,OSX 10.13.6; iPhone SE; MacBook Air,early2015,1.6 GHz,4GB
I have an iphone SE with IOS 1.2.2, this afternoon, while I was texting, the click sounds just quit. Subsequently the alerts for incoming text messages and emails also quit. I just tried, and the phone does not ring for an incoming call. I have not changed any settings or done anything unusual. When I go to sounds and go through the process of changing the ring tones, or changing the ringer volume, the sounds come through loud and clear. I have tried turning the phone on and off, and also tried toggling the "change with buttons" button.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check the obvious: Make sure you didn't accidentally turn the ringer - silent - vibrate switch to off. I can have my ringer switch set to off and still play ring tones and other sounds. Try toggling that switch. And also tell us the correct version of iOS you're running. There is no such version 1.2.2.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5",mid2011,2.5 GHz,12 GB mem,OSX 10.13.6; iPhone SE; MacBook Air,early2015,1.6 GHz,4GB
Thanks for the advice, chscag and IWT. It is IOS 11.2.2. I had done everything except check the switch on the top left side of the phone, it was showing orange. I have my phone in an otter box and didn't even realize that switch was there. I am not sure how it got switched to off, I did drop the phone on the floor, so maybe it jarred it harder than I thought.
Anyway, all is good now, thanks.
Dan

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Excellent. You're always welcome.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Anyway, all is good now, thanks.Dan

Good for you keeping your iPhone in an Otter Box case as it provides good protection against water and drops. However, it does cover the silent switch. Well, now you know where it is. Have fun! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.