MacBook Air and Samsung S27E310 Problems

Reaction score
I have a 2011 MacBook Air connected to a Samsung S27E310 and the monitor picture is just horrible. I have tried every adjustment on the monitor to no avail. I can't see perimeter lines in Excel, some lines when editing / croping photos, text boxes etc.

Do any of you big time graphic guys have a suggestion for a good crisp external monitor or how to make this one better. I know I know my Air is Archaic but I have no choice.

Thank you for ANY help.

Bill

AKA: WldMtn

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Bill, have you tried connecting this monitor to another source to ensure that it can indeed show a good/crisp image that is acceptable to you? Let's eliminate the factor that this particular monitor is damaged in some way. Also switch cables if necessary. Beyond playing with color spaces, traditionally plugging the monitor to the Mac should be enough to get you a decent image.

What is the native resolution of the Samsung S27E10 (too lazy to google :) ), I ask to make sure that you aren't trying to drive a much higher resolution than what the MBA's GPU can drive properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.