HTML Signature Issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I created an HTML code for my Apple Mail signature. I put went to ~/Library/Mail and added it to my new signature html file. It looks great and it has been working without a hitch!

However, I went to add it to my home computer today, and all my signature files under the V2 Maildata file are saved as .webarchive folders. I tried adding my code to it, and it either shows up as a code in my actual signature, or it says it is locked and I cannot edit. I tried unlocking it and changing the permission, but the problem persists.

Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Hello kdingwall, Welcome to the Forum.

We are going to need the specs of Machine, RAM, Make. Model number, Processor and all that stuff before we can sort you out.

On the HTML side of things, why HTML. If you just want your signature to appear on this Forum just click on Forum Actions (Top of page on grey line) then click on Edit Signature and enter what you need to put in Text. No HTML required.

HTH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
It's for Apple Mail. Personally, I don't like to see complex sigs in Mail. Consumes bandwidth for no reason but to annoy the receiver. But that's a personal preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
It's for Apple Mail. Personally, I don't like to see complex sigs in Mail. Consumes bandwidth for no reason but to annoy the receiver. But that's a personal preference.

I'm with you on that one MacInWin, I only have my real name on the bottom of mine along with my e-mail address.

When I read the OP's post I thought he was trying to put a HTML signature into his postings for this Forum, so my bad on that one. It's and age related thing I think. lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.