inexpensive Laser printer that works in 10.11.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac quad 8, Os X.8.5 6gig ram for now
I was in our tax lady's office and asked her about laser printers. I'd like to get a bare bones model. She said " oh they're all about 30.00 or so".

Maybe I should find another tax lady.........

Would any printer I get be ok with 10.11.8?

I'd rather not spend much because the only time I need one is when I return something to Amazon or a place like that. The lowest price I see is 79.00. Double what I was expecting but possible I guess if I know it will work w/my old mac pro.

Ron

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a subject for our Lounge. We moved your post here to the correct forum.

Yeah, your tax lady should stick to doing taxes. :)

I recommend taking a look at the Brother line of inexpensive laser printers. You check the models at their site or any other site that sells printers. Amazon, Staples, Office Depot, etc.

A small wireless Brother laser printer that will do double side printing can be had for around $100 - $125. I've seen them on sale for much less at our local Staples store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'd rather not spend much because the only time I need one is when I return something to Amazon or a place like that.

With that little printing needed, I'd suggest you'd be better off using one of the print shops or office supply shops that can do just that, print it for you, and then all you need to do is pickup the printed pages, unless they deliver as well.

Most allow emailing or transferring the print jobs to their particular drop off site.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.