Media Set Up for Home - Mac Mini & Apple TV using Samsung TV Monitors

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

Here's what I have;

MAC MINI set up in living room connected to a Samsung TV as a monitor (this is controlled by a magic keyboard and mouse)

Here's what I'd like;

The ability to use and control that MAC MINI from one or more of the bedrooms in the house (via other Samsung TV's as monitors)

Is this at all possible? THANK YOU in advance for any help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't believe it's possible using another Samsung monitor from your bedroom to contol the Mini which is in your living room. You can however, contol the Mini from your bedroom with either an iPhone or iPad and of course with another Mac. You can do some research on that if you wish and there is also software that you would need.

OP
S
Reaction score
I don't believe it's possible using another Samsung monitor from your bedroom to contol the Mini which is in your living room. You can however, contol the Mini from your bedroom with either an iPhone or iPad and of course with another Mac. You can do some research on that if you wish and there is also software that you would need.

Hi, I know you can't control it from the Samsung, I wanted to know what I would need to be able to control it from that bedroom, using a Samsung Tv as the monitor... what device could I use?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you want to see the Macs screen on another TV, the Mac is going to have to be physically connected to it the same as it is to the TV you're already using.
If all you want to do is be able to watch/listen to the media (movies/music) that's on the Mac on a 2nd TV, an AppleTV connected to the 2nd TV is the easiest way "assuming" you have a wifi network set up in the house or are able to connect the ATV via ethernet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.