syncing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
I was the one that had the '2 MODS' problem. Well as I said that is fixed now.Somewhere though I have an incorrect setting.
I cannot sync messages between my mac and my cell phone (tried setting it up with numbers sent - nothing.
ALSO cannot turn on icloud Photo library.Since the switch to this computer I have many variations of names Sue Anderson, SueAnderson,imac27 etc. Could this be a problem. How can I turn these 2 things on?
Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
For those reading this thread, the original issue was actually 2 Admins, not two MODS.

I still think that given all the problems you will be better served starting over. I know using root allowed you to delete the other Admin account that the previous owner had set up, but now with this new information about multiple names, multiple tries to get messages and iCloud to work, it sounds even more like the entire system is messed up. Deleting the account by using root access may well have made it worse.

Maybe someone else will come up with a less drastic solution, but if it were me, I'd start over.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Deleting the account by using root access may well have made it worse.

One of the two scary Mac phrases applicable to an average Mac user I dare say — using root access the second being using Terminal.

All bets are off as to what was done in such cases.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One of the two scary Mac phrases applicable to an average Mac user I dare say — using root access the second being using Terminal.

Her use of Root access was successful in ridding the machine of the unremovable account. In the future she may have to backup and reinstall macOS clean if there are other unrelated problems. Buying a used machine with the original macOS and apps intact and using it that way is always risky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Yeah, what I was thinking was that her new problems were caused by the solution to the old one. She said
I cannot sync messages between my mac and my cell phone (tried setting it up with numbers sent - nothing.
ALSO cannot turn on icloud Photo library.Since the switch to this computer I have many variations of names Sue Anderson, SueAnderson,imac27 etc. Could this be a problem.
If the syncing was previously set up with the now gone user, then maybe the syncing with the new user is blocked by that. And having many variations of names can never be a good thing. I just like the idea of starting clean, in a known spot.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All is fixed.I went into my Seagate back up, downloaded a different time.All is back to normal ALL works great.Still glad I did the ROOT ACCESS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All is fixed.

thumbup2.gif

Good to hear. :D

Still glad I did the ROOT ACCESS.
Just pretend you're walking on thin ice and be very careful as you apparently were when acting as ROOT. Congrats.

- Patrick
======

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks again for always being here.I am 70 plus and have been using computers since a Commodore 64 :) I'm no dummy on them but I sure need and appreciate your help from time to time.LOVE my apple products but due to age,hard to always afford a brand new one .So I search and search until I find the best buy from the right person.

GREAT BUNCH. large.jpeg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
Royalpei, Rather hear from a lady, How and where do u access Root Access. Just curious to learn about that..
Thanks

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Royalpei, Rather hear from a lady, How and where do u access Root Access. Just curious to learn about that..
Thanks

Sorry I am not smart enough to tell you how to do something I am not qualified. Go to 2 ADMINS post and a great mod explained on there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks

To save bothering anyone… try the web… :Smirk:

Mac access Root Access
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=sMFsWon9OtHM8ge8kqPIDw

Mac how to access Root Access
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=0cFsWrHPGtHM8ge8kqPIDw

PS: Be well advised to have a current backup before mucking around as 'Root'!!!

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.