Who uses IMGUR for photo hosting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini: OSX 10.15.6 Catalina, 8GB Ram, Samsung Series 5 SC570 monitor, Seagate external drive.
What are the pros or cons?
Since I won't be paying Photobucket for hosting I need a new site.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just keep in mind that what you load up to Imgur goes into the Public Domain. ;)

OP
Backlighting
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini: OSX 10.15.6 Catalina, 8GB Ram, Samsung Series 5 SC570 monitor, Seagate external drive.
Just keep in mind that what you load up to Imgur goes into the Public Domain. ;)

Didn't know that...thanks. Perhaps I'll need to be selective with the images I upload.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Didn't know that...thanks. Perhaps I'll need to be selective with the images I upload.

You can always watermark any images that you don't want to just allow anyone to arbitrarily download and use for their own purposes. You can even watermark them with your copyright.

OP
Backlighting
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can always watermark any images that you don't want to just allow anyone to arbitrarily download and use for their own purposes. You can even watermark them with your copyright.

I'm aware of that...thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Processor : 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory : 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz Graphics : Intel Iris 1536 MB Storage
I use imgur all the time , i never really gave thought to the fact that other image hosting websites could be better for some reason. I just assumed they are all really the same. However seeing this thread opens many questions is this a competitive market? what are the guys from imgur offering that the others arent.

I guess a big part of the answer to your question is also the why you are using the image hosting , for example is it appropriate for something client based like html mailers which have to draw images from a online source ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.