If someone gets hold of my sim card (that i used as apple id two factor)

Reaction score
If someone gets physical access to my sim card, with the phone number i provided as two factor authentication for my apple id, can he get access to my apple id through the card/phone number? I am talking about accessing the apple id with the sim card (plugged into other device ofcourse) without me noticing someone has breached my account? Because i am currently logged to my phone, which is also trusted device, so if someone took my sim card (sim pin is off) and used it on his phone then returned it back to mine, he have no way of accessing my apple id through his phone with my sim card, or can he? Would i still have recieved notice that another device logs in. Or all he can do is to reset the password> that i would propbably notice since it will log me out?
Basically if he has acces to my sim with the trusted phone number what can he do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.