Desperate. Parents waiting for photos

Reaction score
Please help. I recently photographed a school swim meet. I took over 7000 pics I have spent two weeks sorting through them and getting them down to a decent number to share with the parents. I used "photo" in Mac to do some editing and cropping of a selected number of shots. Now I cannot find anyway to transfer the edited photos onto an external without them drastically reducing in size. I know there is the export original option but of course that exports the original UNEDITED version. Is there anyway, I can transfer all my hard worked on photos without compromise. Im desperate. Not all parents have dropbox, or are mac users etc, so I need to put them on an external drive. I have a MacBook Air that I have done the work on.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi and a warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

If you are using the Photos app - which I believe you are - then you can, most certainly, export edited photos at whatever resolution you want.

To give an example:

Open Photos and select one image for the moment.

Now click on File (Top menu bar), then Export:

S1.png

Select Export 1 Photo (not the unedited version shown underneath)

This brings up this window:

S2.png

HERE is where you choose the size and other parameters. You want Maximum and Full Size, as in my screenshot. Then "Export" and, for this experiment, choose Desktop.

(BTW if you see a very limited version of my screenshot, click on the arrowhead against the white background to open up all the options)

When you look at your image on Desktop, it will be full size. Once you are happy with that, repeat - only this time choose ALL your images at once, go through these steps and Export to your USB Stick or EHD.

Please post back.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Got it in one, Ian.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.