• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

can anyone recommend a good mens walking shoe for people with feet problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
Ive tried several. none work. have to return them. I thought maybe someone here has feet problems and found a good shoe they could recommend?

I have Morton's neuroma and plantar fasciitis. I'm on my feet 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. it's very possible that no shoe will help me at this point. I'm getting OLD. lol.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You should go to a podiatrist and have them recommend either shoes or more likely custom supports that you can use with any shoes.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the custom supports. they do help. but their not cheap. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What is macgig, what is?

My Podiatrist recommends only good quality walking footwear and personally I do like Saucony brand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Clarke make shoes with wider toe boxes to relieve pressure on the toes. That may help. They aren't stylish, but comfort should be the primary factor.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
SAS shoes. Made in San Antonio, Texas. Not inexpensive, but the best walking shoes that I ever owned.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow they are pricey. I'll take a peek thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I have the custom supports. they do help. but their not cheap. :)

No, they aren't. But, mine worked so well I bought a second pair so that when I have to send them in for the flexible part to be replaced, I have a back up. It takes 2-3 weeks to get them back.

Reaction score
I have Morton's Neuroma on my left foot. The pain was painful at times, to non-existent at another time. He was walking barefoot, especially walking down the stairs. I finally went to the doctor (after several years), when my leg above my stupor the last two toes were bruised from the neuroma! I went to the orthopedist and received inserts that cost a fortune, but, unfortunately, it didn't help.I have yoga toes, and they do seem to help somewhat.For workout shoes, I wear New Balance https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-running-shoes-for-mortons-neuroma-reviews/ so the hour or so per day I spend in them, and it doesn't seem to bother the neuroma.Also I recommend to watch this video on YouTube
, I hope this will solve your problem at least a little

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.