Boot Camp and Parallels

Reaction score
Bootcamp works fine on my MacBook Pro and Parallels as well. Parallels is more convenient for switching back to the "real world" tho'.
One question I have is the following......I have to connect my pda via a usb port and utilise the ActiveSync program. This works fine in Bootcamp but not in Parallels. The usb connection to my pda is not recognised or shown anywhere. I've been through the setup guide and everything seems to be in order....any ideas please?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
have you got the latest version of parallels? As USB support was only recently added to it

OP
L
Reaction score
I have played around with Boot Camp and Parallels for the the last couple of weeks, not on a supremely professional level but mainly on a user friendly level and have found (for what suits ME and only ME) is that although Parallels seems to work faster and has the great advantage of being able to switch rapidly from one OS to the other, what you can do with it may be, at the moment limited.
I basically want to connect with a program in Windows that requires the use of MS ActiveSync. It works fine with Boot Camp, no hang ups at all, but with Parallels basically not at all. I have tried with 3.8, 4.1 and 4.2 MS ActiveSync versions and all results are the same.
I have spoken with a local Apple centre, not at all biased of course (!!!), and the only explanation they can offer is that Boot Camp is an Apple product for the Mac and Parallels is in it's present state third party software (always a potential hazard with Windows!!). So until Boot Camp becomes fully integrated and hopefully "switchable" or Parallels becomes more compatible............!!
Any input please........

Reaction score
Parallel and boot camp on a Macbook

I have a macbook and have parallel installed with windows xp and it works fine. I am thinking of installing boot camp but not sure what will happen. When I boot up each time will it ask me what o/s to use and will boot camp use the same programs on the parallel window partition or will I have to install everything all over again.

Help~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Inflexion is right, you may need a newer version of Parallels with full USB support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
My version of Parallels has USB support and I have no problem connecting things.. but sometimes I have to change which USB device is connected on bottom right where the disk drive incons are etc... has that got anything to do with it?

Ad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.