Still here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I see we are still here. Make's you think wether they have had a change of heart and mind a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I think it is a matter of no one is at work yet to shut us down. I guess we wait and see.

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The clear answer is today is January 1st (New Year's Day)...and everyone at the company that own's the site has the day off. Even when employees return to work tomorrow...the very first thing on thier mind will probably not be pulling the plug on Mac-Forums. They will be getting their morning coffee...chit-chat about what happened over the holidays/vacation...how their favorite football team did...and put out any high-priority fires. Then they will get to Mac-Forums.

- Nick

OP
Gandalph
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
And we are still here?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Yep. In fact I think we have had at least one new member register today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
As I said in the Facebook thread, I suspect that the site is hosted somewhere and that it's paid through some date in the future, so it's not costing anything to let it run. But when the payment period ends, boom. Or if the board needs support, that will not happen. At this point it's not costing anything to let it spin on. As soon as one penny needs to be spent, poof, gone.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Yes, Jake, your comments mirror some of those I've made in various threads.

Whilst the longer we go on, the more time it gives Dennis et al to get a new site up and running, it also creates an "in limbo" state where no one is sure what is really going on. Is it worth engaging in a prolonged effort to assist an OP with a complex problem?

My approach is to answer questions, when I'm able, as if the Forums were ongoing. For who knows how long we've got?.............

I wonder if our owners have responded to the requests to pass on the database etc, etc.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't really want to steal any of Dennis's thunder. We've been working on the site bit by bit each day, and as each day passes...it's looking better & better. If we're fortunate...both sites will be up at the same time...and be a seemless transition.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Ian, Charlie said yesterday that no one has heard from the owners. I'm sure once they do, we'll hear about it. The new site looks good, all the forums are in place. Don't know what else is needed but it's got a pretty face!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You hit the nail on the head Jake.:) The site has a much prettier face as of late...also working on some layers under the face...and some background "nuts & bolts" items.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.