Making sure Remote Tech software is off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Hi... I just let an Adobe Tech get on my Mac remotely to fix an issue. How can I make totally sure the software is off? Not to sound paranoid, I do my banking on this computer. Should I change my passwords just to be cautious? I probably have nothing to worry about, but you never know.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Depending on what software/method was used to remotely get into your machine, you should disable/remove that software/method. Changing passwords isn't necessary, but not a bad idea if you haven't done it recently. Hopefully you were watching everything the tech was doing and nowhere along the way you had to enter your Admin password to install anything.

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Depending on what software/method was used to remotely get into your machine, you should disable/remove that software/method. Changing passwords isn't necessary, but not a bad idea if you haven't done it recently. Hopefully you were watching everything the tech was doing and nowhere along the way you had to enter your Admin password to install anything.

I entered my admin password to let him in. He made the changes to my library for the Adobe Media Encoder.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Did he use the Mac screen sharing software or something else that you had to install to let him in?

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did he use the Mac screen sharing software or something else that you had to install to let him in?

He viewed my screen and worked on it. He used https://screen.share.adobe.com/
It's all logged in a chat email and sent to me. So he had full access to my computer to fix the problem.
I just want to be cautious... I did not uninstall the screen share app from Adobe.
The chat record states "(02:10:09) Tech's Name has stopped viewing the customer's screen."

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After the Adobe tech got off my Mac I had a Key chain issue and I just clicked cancel cause of the message it gave me below.

2017-12-29_15-41-44.jpg

2017-12-29_15-42-41.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
a little paranoid is good. its good your asking the right questions. you can't be too careful these days. for me personally, I removed adobe flash, adobe air... adobe products seems to have security issues so I ditched them all. only thing adobe I have left is adobe acrobat and I may ditch that before too long.

Hi... I just let an Adobe Tech get on my Mac remotely to fix an issue. How can I make totally sure the software is off? Not to sound paranoid, I do my banking on this computer. Should I change my passwords just to be cautious? I probably have nothing to worry about, but you never know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Remote access software that reputable tech supports are using is a one time thing. That is why you have to go to a specific secure website to give permission and you receive a notice when they have disconnected. Their computer is issued a temporary token to allow access that expires when they end the session. I have done this kind of tech support before when I have had issues. If it is one you have initiated with a reputable company you will be fine.

As for the keychain issues - I have no idea what caused that. Resetting means you will have to put in passwords again. It will generate certificates as they are needed.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.