Super excited! The day has finally come for me to order my iPhone 10!

Reaction score
So I’m currently on the phone with my carrier Xfinity Mobile as I just checked their site and the silver iPhone 256g iPhone 10 is finally in stock. I’m on the phone with them right this very second getting my exchange processed for the 10. I’m super excited about this as I’ve had to wait over a month for this day to arrive. Now I just hope I will enjoy the iPhone 10 as much as I do my all time favorite iPhone which is the 8. Now they are giving trouble on my exchange as she is saying something about not being able to generate my RMA number for the exchange but I told her this entire month which I have record of them telling me that they can’t produce an RMA number on a back ordered device but once it’s in stock then in fact they would immediately be able to process the exchange and thus produce a RMA.

It seems to always be something with Xfinity Mobile. So far my coverage has been extremely great. However I’ve been told so many lies or been misinformed on a number of things that they promised me but never actually came through with any of their promises just like now they are actually trying to tell me oh we can’t process you an RMA on the iPhone 10 but yet all month long I’ve been told that they could no problem once it was in stock so I’m going to actually stay on the phone with them until I get someone that will honor their promises to me this time.

Now they just got back on the line with me and are now saying that they should be able to do it.

One other thing they did which totally killed my Christmas was when I exchanged the first time and was sending the original iPhone 8 Plus that my mother upgraded to which she ended up not caring much for it and went back to her 6s plus and then she called me and actually gave me her 8 plus which I’ve never been a fan of the plus size iPhones so they told me this lie which totally took all my funds out of my account without any alert and I flipped out them. They originally told me that I had 30 days to return it so I had just sent it out like on day 18. Well on the day 20 my card was in fact charged almost $900 dollars which totally wiped my account dry! I was so mad. Since then they have issued my refund but too little to late. I had no Christmas money which they ruined my Christmas shipopping.

So now to the end of this post. I’m still on the phone with Xfinity and now they are saying find my phone still shows enabled on their side but on my side I’ve turned it off. Now they are saying the can’t process my exchange because of this. I told her oh yes you can because this same thing happened just a week ago when my iPhone 8 totally quit working on me as my haptic feedback button went out and my phone kept rebooting which by the way after all these years with Apple that was the first defective phone I’ve ever had but they were still able to process my exchange even though find my phone still showed enabled on their side which now they are trying say they can’t do it so they will call me tomorrow. I said not a chance! I’ve been waiting over a month and been promised by several agents over a month that once the 10 was in stock that I would definitely be able to exchange and get the 10 so you somehow are definitely going to finally honor one of your many promises your agents and managers promised me but none of them ever came through. So then he found a back door to actually add me a line even though I was not eligible for a third line through by passing the sales side and ordering it directly through inventory.

So now after all that I just hung up with them and my iPhone 10 will be here next week and my order is finally 100 percent secure and I 100 percent now will be getting the iPhone 10 Silver 256g. I also got him to give me $100 dollar credit which actually totally paid for the taxes of the iPhone 10 plus he’s going to replace the $100 dollar credit on top of that which the new $100 dollar credit will be credited towards my next bill. Technically I got $200 in total credit which was huge because I didn’t have to come out of pocket for any money down on the 10. The only drawback to how he was forced to order is that had he been able to produce me a RMA exchange then I would have received the 10 on Saturday but now it will be on Wednesday or Thursday now. That’s fine as I’ve waited over a month now so adding a few more days to it should not be a big deal and especially because he ended up giving me a $200 dollar credit.

So all together I originally was promised the 10 on December the 4th lie; December the 11th lie, December the 18th lie and now the 29th which finally came true. So to all of you out there with the 10 was this newly designed iPhone worth all the trouble I went through to finally get one? Please tell me it is. I’m a bit unsure about the lack of a home button and Touch ID which I still strongly believe it will be on the second gen X in way of virtual haptic feedback feel. I think it will be invisible to the eye as it will just be centered at the bottom of the on screen itself and just that we will all know by memory where to touch to feel that haptic feedback that will act as a home button at the very least but I think it will also then only show up to be seen when you are using your fingerprint to unlock the phone as the other option to face recognition. Touch ID just works too good to be totally done with and no longer be used. It’s still very current technology and an absolutely must for mobile devices as an option to unlock your phone and to have a all in one central home button.

I’ll write a detailed review on the 10 once I receive it as it’ll be my first time ever to see it in person so my review will be coming from someone who’s never even touched or seen the phone in real life yet. I’ve actually purposely not watched any YouTube reviews on it as I want to get this phone without any prior knowledge and be able to form my own personal review and thoughts of it without having been swayed in any way by other real time reviews. Hopefully my review or blog will be an interesting take on the 10.

Happy holidays to all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well David you won't write it here as this forum closes tomorrow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Well Harry is correct. The forum is closing down on December 31st. I will tell you I have had an iPhone X since the November when it came out. I love mine. As I have said in other posts I had trouble with the touch ID because my prints are hard to read. The Face ID is wonderful. I have never had issues using it. I had a 7+ and loved it so I wondered if I would like the smaller size but I have found I do.

It is faster, face id takes the place of touch id for apps - even if the app only offers touch id if you allow touch id for the app the face id will work fine. I put a case on it. The edge to edge screen was messing with me. I was always touching the screen in two places and that causes issues. It is like it stops and waits on me to get it right.

Anyway, I hope you like it. You might go to MacRumors.com to check out how others have liked the X. I have found there are some on that forum that do not seem to like anything but some of the potential issues with the X are listed there. I am glad to say mine has none of the issues some have had.

Lisa

OP
D
Reaction score
What do you mean this forum is closing tomorrow? What’s wrong with this forum and why is it shutting down. I was just getting to know you guys and girls. I didint know this terrible news. I’ve enjoyed being here on this forum so far. Does anyone know what’s going on and why it’s shutting down? Thank toy to all for your advice on the X. I look forward to getting but I was sure hoping to share my thoughts on it with you all. You all have been super nice and I’ve enjoyed interacting with all of you for my short time here. Please let me know why this great forum would shut down?

David Kashton

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Check out this post: http://www.mac-forums.com/news-and-community-announcements/344599-mac-forums-shutting.html

The company that owns the forum has decided to shut us down. Efforts are in the works to create a new forum at mac-forums.org but it is not up yet.

If you get this in time read to the last post and see that we have a facebook page set up that is being monitored by one of our members. If you are on facebook contact hime to get added to the group - it is a closed group. The link to his facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/dennis.travis

Or you can PM your email address to Slydude and he will let you know what is happening.

Lisa

OP
D
Reaction score
Check out this post: http://www.mac-forums.com/news-and-community-announcements/344599-mac-forums-shutting.html

The company that owns the forum has decided to shut us down. Efforts are in the works to create a new forum at mac-forums.org but it is not up yet.

If you get this in time read to the last post and see that we have a facebook page set up that is being monitored by one of our members. If you are on facebook contact hime to get added to the group - it is a closed group. The link to his facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/dennis.travis

Or you can PM your email address to Slydude and he will let you know what is happening.

Lisa

Hey Lisa, thank you so much. I just sent the person a message on Facebook. I told him that you had referred me if that was okay. Also how would I find slydude to contact real quick. I’d love to join up with you all on the private forum as I’ve enjoyed the short time I was here. Some of posts can get long winded but I write professionally so I’ll try to keep them short lol. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To reach Slydude click on this link: http://www.mac-forums.com/members/131855.html

On the left just under his name click on "Send a Private Message" and send him your email address. Be sure to give him your name and if your user name is different, list it too.

BTW: The facebook page is private but the new site will not be private. Current name for it is Mac-Forums.org.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch iMac, 3.4 GHz i5, Radeon Pro 570, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 1 TB 7200-rpm
Hey Lisa, thank you so much. I just sent the person a message on Facebook. I told him that you had referred me if that was okay. Also how would I find slydude to contact real quick. I’d love to join up with you all on the private forum as I’ve enjoyed the short time I was here. Some of posts can get long winded but I write professionally so I’ll try to keep them short lol. :)

Information about the Facebook group and how to request access can be found here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.