Display Conflict

Reaction score
I'm a long-time user, I have just set up yet another iMac and there is a thin green line running from the top of the screen to the bottom; it moves to different places, although always top to bottom it seems like a software conflict. Can anybody help please.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Screen artifacts are usually a sign of a failing GPU. What is the age of this iMac?

OP
A
Reaction score
Screen artifacts are usually a sign of a failing GPU. What is the age of this iMac?

Thanks for your reply . . .

I'm not sure, it's a refurb for one of the kids; is the original manufacture data for the GPU available anywhere on the system ?

Regards, Ajay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
No, but the model is available by clicking on the  on the upper left corner, then About This Mac will give you the model and year.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If an iMac as a GPU issue, it usually requires a logicboard replacement which is going to cost more than the machine is worth.

OP
A
Reaction score
It was bought for Christmas for one of the kids, I assume the refurbisher certifies it as fit-for-purpose . . . it's certainly sold as such.

Maybe it's time to call the supplier.

Thanks, Ajay.

If an iMac as a GPU issue, it usually requires a logicboard replacement which is going to cost more than the machine is worth.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It can't be Apple Refurbished since Apple only sells machine that are less than 2 years old as refurbished. I'm not certain as to the quality of refurbishing of 3rd parties. However, since you did just purchase it, you should promptly contact them and let them know about the issue and have them either issue you a refund or fix the machine or give you a different machine.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.