photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
I'm not even sure how to explain my issue.I have a new iphone X. On my 6 I was allowed to choose having my albums only to view on my phone.On my iphone X I dont have that option, I have to have ALL of my pictures on my phone.PLUS everytime I plug in my phone to bring in new pictures to photos there are 100s there that it wants to bring in that are already in my photos. I am up to 5 or 6 of each picture now in photos.The option of delete photos from phone when you bring new ones into the Mac (Photos) is gone. PLUS some of my Albums are now empty. I HATE not having control over my photos.
Where have half of my photos and those out of some albums gone?
I realize I have not explained this clearly, but its confusing even to me. Now I wish I would have fully down loaded all my photos on a flash drive so that I could delete everything and start again.
Iused to have 3000 pictures, now I have 1700. I just do not understand at all.

If anyone can make sense of this please tell me what I am doing wrong.All aps are up to date including itunes.Maybe I have settings wrong on there?

Sue
On another thread I read the bit under privacy and those I allow to have access, but I dont understand what that has to do with anything in my situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Suspect this is something to with iCloud settings. I can tell you how I work to avoid most of what you are experiencing. Not sure about albums.

Firstly, I don't use iCloud storage, nor do I plug in my phone to add photos to my MBP. I use Photo Stream which automatically syncs photos from my phone (7 running 11.1.2) to the MBP when wifi is available. If I load images from my camera to the MBP, they sync with the phone in the same way. The MBP has the master copy so you can delete from any other device without losing your images.

PhotoStream sharing: in System Preferences on your Mac, and Settings on your phone: iCloud > enable Photo stream; switch off iCloud library and iCloud photosharing (unless you want the latter). https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201317

In High Sierra, there's no Photo Stream album in the menu in Photos - they go to the main album at the top of the menu bar.

THEN, I would run an app (such as Photo Sweeper) to get rid of duplicates. I manually delete picture from my phone.

If you copy images to an album on your phone, they stay there even if you delete from Camera Roll and/or Photostream, ditto Mac. I haven't/don't know how to share albums between Mac and phone.

Hope this helps a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.