Screen sharing

Reaction score
Hello

can someone tell me about screen sharing please?
I have noticed that in the company I work, they have selected the following : 'System preferences' > sharing > screen sharing > all users
My question is : can you see when someone is watching your screen or can they do this without you knowing? Do they always have to ask permission like for example when you work with a team viewer or does it work differently?
I'm not an administrator on my mac :eek:( so it's all grey (I can't change it) and I think they are playing Big Brother :eek:( (not sure if that is allowed)

regards
Marieke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Most likely, they can watch, without your knowledge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
While possible.... I'd suggest it's 'most' likely it's enabled for support purposes.

There's a screen sharing icon in the Menu Bar that appears when Screen Sharing is active.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.