Bank of America Login Problem

Reaction score
I can log into my bank of america online account from various other computers and on my iPhone, but when I try to login on my MacBook Air, the computer "thinks" for a second and then returns me to the login screen with no login error message. I'm guessing this has something to do with the settings on my computer as I have no problems with other computers. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Tell us about the MBA? What macOS version? What browser and version? It sounds like a cookie setting in the browsers preferences? Maybe try to reset the browser, or clear cache?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can log into my bank of america online account from various other computers and on my iPhone, but when I try to login on my MacBook Air, the computer "thinks" for a second and then returns me to the login screen with no login error message. I'm guessing this has something to do with the settings on my computer as I have no problems with other computers. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Welcome to our forums.

Sounds like a security problem. Banks will not allow a log on from an unsecure machine or unsecure browser. Make sure that your version of macOS and browser are up to date and that you are not using a VPN to log on to your account. If all is OK and you're still having problems, contact BOA customer service.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It was a privacy issue. I went to preferences, then privacy, then manage website data. From there I found BOA's website and clicked remove. I'm not savvy enough to know exactly what this did, but I know that it fixed the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.