Can I mute/unmute iPhone calls from bluetooth keyboard?

Reaction score
I'm an active iPhone user. I frequently mobile, and context switching between phone calls, google docs, mail, etc while on phone calls. I'm also constantly muting/unmuting while also context switching.

It is terribly annoying to have to constantly switch back to the Phone app to unmute, talk, mute all while switching to other apps for reference material during calls. I do all this on my one iPhone device.

Can I mute/unmute phone calls from my headphones or an attached bluetooth keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm an active iPhone user. I frequently mobile, and context switching between phone calls, google docs, mail, etc while on phone calls. I'm also constantly muting/unmuting while also context switching.

It is terribly annoying to have to constantly switch back to the Phone app to unmute, talk, mute all while switching to other apps for reference material during calls. I do all this on my one iPhone device.

Can I mute/unmute phone calls from my headphones or an attached bluetooth keyboard?

I doubt it from a bluetooth keyboard, but I do know some headsets allow for it. For example, Plantronics lets you mute by holding the Volume Up and Down buttons together for a couple seconds.

Code:
[URL]http://www.plantronics.com/us/media/media-resources/literature/user_guides/m70-m90_ug_en.pdf[/URL]
[FONT=Gesta]
To mute the microphone, simultaneously press and hold the Volume up (+) and Volume down (–)[/FONT]
[FONT=Gesta]buttons for 1-2 seconds. You will hear “mute on”, this voice alert will be repeated once. After thatan alert tone repeats every 15 minutes when mute is on. Press and hold buttons again to un-mute the microphone. [/FONT]

You could try the same buttons on a keyboard to see if this is a standard way of doing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.