Just Signed up and wish to say Hi.

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newbie here from the UK,
Tomorrow I plan to buy the 13" MacBook Pro! I noticed that all the 13" models only come with 8GB of Ram! My question is will this eight gig be enough to drive Photoshop and Lightroom?
Thanks in advance for any info, Paul.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

<BP come with either 8 or 16GB ofmemory. For some time the memory has not been upgradeable,but soldered to the logic board. No upgrading after purchase, so make sure you purchase one with 16GB if that is what you need and will work best with your applications.

OP
Tripleteer
Reaction score
I know that the new 15" MBs come with 16GB of Ram as standard but I can't find a 13" that comes with 16GB. Maybe it's a UK thing!.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I checked in apple.co.uk and every 13" MBP configuration is upgradable to 16GB of ram for £180. The 13" MBP come with just the dual-core processors and you might find that limiting for photo/video editing. For this sort of work, you need a fast CPU and enough memory.

Perhaps you can tell us what your budget is and your use beyond Photoshop/Lightroom for us to better guide you in your purchase that you won't regret.

OP
Tripleteer
Reaction score
I checked in apple.co.uk and every 13" MBP configuration is upgradable to 16GB of ram for £180. The 13" MBP come with just the dual-core processors and you might find that limiting for photo/video editing. For this sort of work, you need a fast CPU and enough memory.

Perhaps you can tell us what your budget is and your use beyond Photoshop/Lightroom for us to better guide you in your purchase that you won't regret.

Thanks for this! I will mainly be using it for as I say Photoshop/Lightroom, surfing, mail, and storing Raw files for editing.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thanks for this! I will mainly be using it for as I say Photoshop/Lightroom, surfing, mail, and storing Raw files for editing.

And your budget?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I'm also from the UK.

At this moment, using Apple Store, UK:

You can get MacBook Pro, 13 inch, Processor 2.5GHz - turbo to 4GHz, 16GB Memory and 512GB Storage for £2099.00

Hopefully this link will verify - https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MPXT2B/A&step=config#

Well within budget. Worth spending the extra on AppleCare Plus - vital in my very personal view.

Ian

EDIT: I see that my link takes you to the starting page, but you can verify the amount by choosing the CPU, Memory and Storage options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Hi from Tyneside.

Don't jump into buying before having a look at refurbished models from Apple. You may get a bargain - and they come with the full 12 month warranty and option to buy Apple Care. Availability changes frequently. There's a 15.4", 16gb, 512GB onboard SSD for £2,029.00 on sale now and a 13" with 16gb, 512gb SSD for £1,819.00.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

Last edited:
OP
Tripleteer
Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice, I went out today and bought the 13" MacBook Pro 16 GB Ram intel iris graphics and Touchbar
I looked at the iMac and I loved it but not the sort of thing that one wants to carry about, .maybe next year!
Thanks again Paul.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.