• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

10 Years Ago Today......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
......I joined this wonderful site. I'd just bought my first iMac - a 20" model and the help I received here (and still do) was invaluable. Better than any book.

I haven't posted that often over all the years but hope I've been able to help some people with the stuff I have posted!!!

Thank you to everyone (new posters, old posters, posters come and posters gone) for making the experience of being a member of this site a truly happy and positive one.

Here's to the next 10 :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Seeing your post made me check my profile as I know it was a similar time for me..... 10years and 1 month!

But I echo what you've said. It;s still the best Apple community I've ever found.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Congrats Nickyr (and mrplow)...10 years is pretty awesome!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You guys are right!
8-1/3 for me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Nicky - congrats on your 10th anniversary on the forum! :) Although I joined in 2012, did not start posting until a year later when we purchased our first Macs (had been on iPads longer), so for me just 4+ years here. Now of the forums I frequent, the Good-Music-Guide is the one I've been on for 10 years (now at over 10K+ posts), and the iPad Forums since April 2011. Dave

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Congrats folks. We'll try to keep it a community that you will be proud to call home.

For once I feel like a youngster (only been since 2009 for me).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.