Homebank installed

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've installed the Homebank application by first installing Mac Ports. It's not a very consumer friendly interface working through Terminal, and I'm not sure what happened. Installation on the one hand appears to have been successful, however I am getting the following error message:
Warning: homebank 5.1.6 is already installed
SaraRutger:~ SaraRutger$ homebank

(process:17859): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(homebank:17859): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
I hope someone can help me out. It's probably a beginners error, but I'm really at the end of trying all options, so that's why I'm turning to the Forum now.
Thanks in advance. Bye Rutger

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Did you follow the instructions on this page? X11 support is no longer available on recent version of macOS. Snow Leopard, I believe, is the last version that had that support. I think it went out in Lion or Mountain Lion..

You can try the Brew version to see if it works any better for you. Alternatively, you could use a more native finance app rather than this thing..

OP
R
Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions on this page? X11 support is no longer available on recent version of macOS. Snow Leopard, I believe, is the last version that had that support. I think it went out in Lion or Mountain Lion..

You can try the Brew version to see if it works any better for you. Alternatively, you could use a more native finance app rather than this thing..

Hi! Thanks a lot for your message! I will look for a more native finance app instead, do you happen to know one? Thanks, Rutger

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
X11 support is no longer available on recent version of macOS. Snow Leopard, I believe, is the last version that had that support. I think it went out in Lion or Mountain Lion..

Yup, Mountain Lion.

But I wonder if these options would help:
X11 is no longer included with Mac, but X11 server and client libraries are available from the XQuartz project.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201341

X11 support. Apple Removes X11 in OS X Mountain Lion.
Run X11 in Mac OS X with XQuartz

http://osxdaily.com/2012/12/02/x11-mac-os-x-xquartz/

But it sounds more like flogging a dead horse compared to some alternatives and as suggested. :\

Or a quick review/summary with user comments:
https://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/finance

- Patrick
======

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you both for your help, sometimes with a little help one is driven into the right direction. I'm looking for other options now, really appreciate the support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
@rutgervanmunste
Thank you both for your help, sometimes with a little help one is driven into the right direction. I'm looking for other options now, really appreciate the support

I don't know where you live or what you want from any finance software and I don't use any, but I do know a lot of Canadians found a lot of later and Mac OS X supported finance applications didn't do some features they wanted like Canadian Income Tax compatibilities and payroll and other tax stuff.

Just something to be aware of and on the lookout for, of what is included and supported… :Sleeping:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.