DVD burning failed

Reaction score
Hi All, my first post so be gentle....:)
I use a programme called Super DVD Creator for burning my slideshows onto disc. Just recently it gets to the end and burns to disc but fails. I have tried a different programme, different file formats and taken ever app off of my Mac that I don't use or was installed recently and I still get failed. I have just updated to High Sierra to see if that would help but no joy. Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks.

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum!

What Mac, what DVD drive? What are you trying to burn to the disc? What "different programme" have you used? What messages do you get? How do you know it failed?

We need more information before we can make useful suggestions.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. See attached pic for details of Mac, I use the built in DVD drive. The other programme I tried was ExpressBurn. I am trying to burn slideshows created in Photo, m4v format.

The process seems to be OK, through to burning the actual disc. When it finishes I just get a failed message. The thing is I have successfully burnt quite a few already and suddenly it stopped working. That's why I thought it might be something that I had installed. But I have removed everything I can see.

Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 16.46.51.png

OP
D
Reaction score
Hadn't thought of that......I don't have another DVD drive though. Might try to borrow one. Thanks

M

MacInWin

And you can also try a gentle shot of canned air in the drive slot. Gentle, not a full blast. The idea is to remove any dust from the writer mechanism.

Reaction score
DVD Creator

Hi All, my first post so be gentle....:)
I use a programme called Super DVD Creator for burning my slideshows onto disc. Just recently it gets to the end and burns to disc but fails. I have tried a different programme, different file formats and taken ever app off of my Mac that I don't use or was installed recently and I still get failed. I have just updated to High Sierra to see if that would help but no joy. Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks.

You can use the DVD Creator, i like it, good luck to you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.