latest update fail

Reaction score
I am giving and "F" to the programmer who made the latest update for the iwatch
1. battery charging: I am not sure if it is a bug but before when an iphone, mac or iwatch is connected to a power source there is a sound to announce that it is connected. After the latest update when I put the iwatch on its socket there is no sound. The image showing a green circle has been removed and replaced by a tiny green light that appears for less than a second. To make matters worse if the password is activated and the watch is locked it won't charge. I usually put my watch on the socket before sleeping, after two times no charge I have deactivated the password and need to double carefully check each time that the iwatch is actually charging. Please fix those problems soon they give me a migraine.

M

MacInWin

keskeseksa, welcome to the forum.

I am also updated to the latest version on my AW2 ( you didn't say what version  Watch you have). In order:

1. I get a "bing" when connecting to the puck. Every time.
2. I get the circle showing the charge at the same time. It doesn't stay long, but it's there. I put my watch on the side, so it shifts into "nightstand" mode, again with a little circle in the upper right showing the charging state.
3. I have a password and it locks as soon as I take it off my wrist. As soon as I put on the charging puck, it starts to charge, even still password locked.

So, whatever is going on for you, it's not systemic to the latest version of watchOS. Maybe you should unpair/pair the watch again and see if that helps? Or do a hard reset of the  Watch?

Oh, and by the way, we here are NOT Apple, just a bunch of users trying to get our devices working as we expect them to, so your last sentence is misdirected. If you think these are systemic failures, you need to call Apple and see what they say. I'm not even sure anybody from Apple even comes here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I can concur MacInWin's experience. First gen Apple Watch, updated to Watch OS 4.
Charging, charging status, nightstand mode, audio queues all remain as is and working post update.

I'd definitely agree with what's been advised. Try an unpair and re-pair with the watch. This will effectively do a backup and restore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have an AW3 with cellular running iOS 4.01. I am having none of the problems you are describing. I agree with what the others are saying. Try unpairing and repairing the watch.

Lisa

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you everybody, I did as told and everything looks back to normal.

Thank you it worked beautifully

I did, and it worked. What would I do without this forum? Thank you fellas I'll drink to your health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Good stuff. Thanks for posting back :)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Don't forget the reputation points.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.