one user very slow

Reaction score
hello

i have a problem in my Mac, running os Sierra
one of the users is very, but very slow.
the others are ok

what can I do?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
That will require troubleshooting. You will need to compare settings between user accounts.

Does it effect everything, or just certain apps and processes? How often is the Mac restarted? Also, are the other accounts logged in at the same time? Can you please provide all specifics for your Mac, model year, processor speed, ram amount, drive type, size and free space?

OP
S
Reaction score
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
iMac 2009
processor 3,06 ghz intel core duo
memory 4 gb 1067 Mhz ddr3
free space 453GB

in that user effect everything! the other user are not logged at the same time. View attachment as123.pdf
i have this information , I don't know if it helps:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
BitDefender, Dr Cleaner Pro and a lot of other stuff are junking your iMacv hence Etre Check's red warning. You have too much going on with your computer with a very small 4GB of memory. Do not run antivirus software as there are no Msc OS X viruses. Malware yes and Malwarebytes for Mac will see to that. The only cleaning utility you need is Onyx which is free. Uninstall these resource hogs.

It appears this a late 2009 iMac which can run 32GB of memoryso time to look at OWC and Crucial for more memory. Your platter drive is showing the disadvantage of old technology. An SSD in there would give it a whole new life.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello
Thanks for the advice, you think that the best solution is a internal or external ssd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
An internal one would be better, but that's obviously a more challenging upgrade depending how you feel about getting into your iMac.

The first thing I'd do is clear out all the extra plugins and extensions from Safari, they are clearly causing issues. Clear out you apps that start at login (In most cases, IMO it's better to take the hit and start an app when you need it than have it hogging resources 100% of the time). Uninstall some of the cumbersome utilities (as per Harryb's advice). Run the automated tasks in Onyx. Then consider adding more ram. It's an easy, cost effective upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.