new to MAC

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for letting me join. I am in the process of going from my Windows 7 Machine to a Mac. Have not purchased the MAC yet as price will be the final factor. I will need a program that I can scan items, then do small corrections on them ss far as color, size etc. I then need to upload them online. Any help in program suggestion would be appreciated. Don't know if the MAC will have a program built in I can use. I also have an HP Envoy 4520 for printing which I hope can just be plugged into the MAC for use. Any help on this or info or resources for a MAC novice like me would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Den.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello and welcome alkicat.:)

Can you give us an idea of what level of "technical depth" you need from this program/programs. And sort of stuff will you be scanning & needing to modify/edit (photos for example)?

- Nick

p.s. Since are new to Apple computers...one thing you want to stop doing/using is the term "MAC" (in all caps). The commonly accepted way is "Mac".:)

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the Mac thing. I scan in number 6 size envelopes which I have painted on and make any corrections needed before posting them on eBay. I also have boxes of photographs to be scanned and categorized. For the past couple of years I have been using a program called Gimp on my Win7 PC. Thanks again for the reply.

OP
A
Reaction score
One more thing. As Gimp is not from the apple store, will there be a problem on downloading? Will I have to tell mt Mac it is OK to download this? Thanks always for your help, Den.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Shouldn't be any problems downloading GIMP from the link above...since it's coming from the developer's website.:)

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Will I have to tell mt Mac it is OK to download this? Thanks always for your help, Den.
If you have to tell your Mac it is OK to download Gimp the process is pretty simple.Will probably take less than 5 minutes. Post back if you need help with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.