Canon PIXMA MP470

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2013 MacBook Pro Retina
After installing High Sierra I can no longer print or scan from my Canon PIXMA MP 470. I had this issue previously after updating to Sierra but was able to resolve by reinstalling the last available driver from Canon, but that didn't work this time. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the last Apple Canon driver software, the latest from Canon and even Gutenprint drivers, reset the printing system, etc. to no avail. I'd like to continue to be able to use this printer and wonder if there is a trick to getting it to function again, or perhaps a patch I can apply. I contacted Canon and their reply was "macOS v10.13 drivers are not planned for the PIXMA MP470. You may want to consider the Canon Upgrade Program, which provides you the opportunity to upgrade to a new macOS v10.13 compatible unit..." If I ultimately am forced to buy a new printer I seriously doubt it will be a Canon.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You may want to consider the Canon Upgrade Program,

That.

It sounds like a good idea or look for a similar but compatible at your local sellers on sale>

As you probably know, without some unfounded fiddling or hacking. Mavericks 10.9 seems to be the last OS CX version that supported it, and their statement seems pretty clear for later OS X versions, including Sierra of course:
There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...r/mp-series/pixma-mp470?tab=drivers_downloads

And little help from Apple according to their kb article for that AIO printer. too bad:
Printer and scanner software for macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201465
and
Under No longer available as software updates
The third-party vendor no longer provides software for the following models to download and install as software updates. Contact the vendor or visit their website for more information.
The Canon PIXMA MP470

Sure doesn't look good. Sorry. :Grimmace:

EDIT:
Gee, I just noticed that printer was released to work with Mac OS X 10.2.x!!! I'd say it's done some Yeomen service and maybe someone else could still get some use out of it. Like an old Windows user. ;-)

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
LOL, like I have said many times Patrick, Canon makes great cameras!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
LOL, like I have said many times Patrick, Canon makes great cameras!

Hey Charlie, have a read of my edit I just added above. I'd say one can include some of their printers in your comment. ;D

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.