Accidentally may have put Iphoto libray in trash, then emptied it

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm really hoping someone can help me...I think I must have accidentally deleted all the files that make Iphoto work, then I emptied the trash... Iphoto opens but there's nothing in it except a spinning wheel (not the beach ball). I don't seem to have Time Machine - who knows, may have gotten rid of that inadvertently some time too! I don't care so much about recovering the photos, I just need Iphoto to be operational so I can import new photos and edit them. My Macair is quite old, running version 10.6.8. Is there any way I can get Iphoto back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Is there any way I can get Iphoto back?

Try looking in the Edit(menu) for any "Undo" last Trash action, but I don't think SL 10.6.8 had such an option.

I don't seem to have Time Machine

Or any other backup I guess?? Too bad.

As to get iPhoto working again, quite it (force quit if needed) - command+option+esc keys.

Then when starting it again, first hold down the option key and follow the suggestions you want to create a new library or whatever.

PS: Don't worry about loosing all your photos, and think of all those that lost all theirs and a H*ll of a lot more during the last recent Nature devastating events.

- Patrick
======

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks so much for that! I didn't seem to have an option to undo the last trash action, but I now have a new library, problem solved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.