Iphone and Car speakers

Reaction score
Hi all
So here is another one of my interesting thoughts.

I've checked the net, and did not find an answer, not that there is not one.

in my 50 yo car, the tube radio does not work, and I'm not into buying a new radio for up to
$500.. of course I can have mine rebuilt for about $300.
But what about using Blue tooth speakers and broadcast from my Iphone? Has anyone done
this or does anyone know if this is possible

Let me here from you
Best

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I loved the sound from those old tube radios. Lots of good rich bass and mellow highs, not something you get nowadays unless you spend a couple of grand on a good sound system for your car.

Yeah, the BT speakers and iPhone idea should work. But finding decent powered BT speakers for your car might be a challenge. Good luck with it.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have a Bluetooth Bose Colour SoundLink which I have used in a car. It has a long battery life and can play while charging. Of course it is only one speaker but excellent sound. The outlet I bought it from tells me a car charger is available for it, the type that plugs into a cigarette lighter. It even has hands free phone answering caperbility.

OP
S
Reaction score
Speakers

Hi guys
Thanks for the info
At least I know it has been done... a radio is not something I think about often
but I was just on a 700 mile road trip and those dead zones for radio, and although
I could have just played the Iphone, it would be a little quiet compared to the wind rushing by..
I was figuring that someone has made a Blue tooth booster, Or a usb to Blue tooth
that would work.. I don't mind running wires but blue tooth is so much cleaner......
Anyway thanks,
If you come up with anything post it.
Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.