view “all mail” in mac mail

Reaction score
Hi i am trying to figure out how to easily view “all mail” in mac mail. Could you please help?

When i search Mail in mac, does that search All mail by default? Or is that only searching the inbox? If it only searches the inbox, Is there any way that I can make it search all mail?

It sometimes seems that some messages are not in my inbox or junk mail, so I want to be able to just see “All mail.” If search doesn’t search all mail, Is there any way that i can add “All Mail” to the Mac mail side bar and/or access it from a keyboard shortcut or menu bar item?

Thanks, Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
One way to search all mailboxes is, in the sidebar, use the shift or option key to select all mailboxes or any mailboxes you want to search. After you have the mailboxes selected, use the search box and enter what you're looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hi i am trying to figure out how to easily view “all mail” in mac mail. Could you please help?
… …
When i search Mail in mac, does that search All mail by default?

Here's how I do it, and clicking the "All" option after entering a search word or phrase as indicated below:

PS: I use the "Classic view Mode"

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 8.28.40 PM.png

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.