Adobe Export PDF stopped working on my MAC

CJ5

Reaction score
I have an iMAC using OS X EL Capitan. About two weeks ago both my McAfee application and my Adobe Export application crashed. I have been able to fix the McAfee product but I can't get the Adobe product to even open. The PDF files I am trying to read are good because I can open them on my iPad pro. I tried the Adobe support site but found it useless. Any ideas? I tried to install the simple Acrobat Reader free program but it won't work. Says I already have a newer version installed I guess they mean Adobe Export PDF.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Suggest you uninstall McAfee antivirus. There are no Mac OS X viruses and AV software will slow down your Macv by being real resource hogs. Use the uninstall instructions and not simply drag to the Trash El Capitan includes Preview whicbh is all you need to read PDF files and Adobe seem to have abandoned OSX.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcente...showHeader=false&_adf.ctrl-state=13npkpzo97_4

OP
C

CJ5

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer just one other question. If I stop using Adobe to read PDF files (perhaps a mute point since it isn't working) and use Preview when I save the file it still saves as .pdf Which means I have to reopen as "Preview" is there a iMAC converter to change the .pdf to .doc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you have a document in Preview, save by going to File > Save and from there you can enter a file format. You cango to Help in Preview and type in say 'Save in Different Format' and it will help you. For mine Adobe seems to have lost the plot with folk reporting trouble with CC various version, Flash Player etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.