How to recover deleted music folder from chrome bookmark in macbook air

Reaction score
Hello,

I deleted accidentally my music folder which was under chrome bookmark in my MacBook Air. I need to know how to recover it. It happened today Sept. 8, 2017 at 4:48PM.

Thanks for your help!

powermacg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hmmm…???

Actually I'm trying to figure out what you mean and just how you could have your "music folder which was under chrome bookmark in my MacBook Air".

They can't even be related, so maybe you could explain more or provide some more details.

Or do you mean a URL link to some music website library.

Sorry, I can't help at this point and I doubt if anyone else can either. Maybe why no one else has responded. :\

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We really need to to know some specifics before we can answer that question. What program were you using? What exactly happened?

OP
P
Reaction score
Re. Lost a bookmark folder under Google Chrome Browser

Hello,

I deleted accidentally my music folder which was under chrome bookmark in my MacBook Air. I need to know how to recover it. It happened today Sept. 8, 2017 at 4:48PM.

Thanks for your help!

powermacg

Hmmmmm. OK Patrick, thank you for replying my question and let me explain to you in simple English language.

I am using a MacBook Air laptop. My browser is Google Chrome. On top menu of the Google Chrome, you find ‘Bookmark’. I created a ‘Music Folder’ and bookmarked a lot of Classical Music from Youtube.

On Friday Sept. 8, 2017, I had to clean up and reorganize my Bookmark folders (I have several folders of various subjects). In doing that, I somehow lost the “Music Folder’. I checked all other folders under Bookmark whether it had got accidentally dropped in one of them, the result was negative.

I am trying to recover the folder if it is possible.

If you are unable to understand what I have written here, it is alright, you don’t have respond Patrick. I never thought to receive a very sarcastic reply! You should read Slydude’s. That’s the way to respond if you didn’t understand.

All the Best

Powermacg

OP
P
Reaction score
We really need to to know some specifics before we can answer that question. What program were you using? What exactly happened?

Hello Slydude,

Thank you for responding to my question.

I am using a MacBook Air laptop. My browser is Google Chrome. On top menu of the Google Chrome, you find ‘Bookmark’. I created a ‘Music Folder’ and bookmarked a lot of Classical Music from Youtube.

On Friday Sept. 8, 2017, I had to clean up and reorganize my Bookmark folders (I have several folders of various subjects). In doing that, I somehow lost the “Music Folder’. I checked all other folders under Bookmark whether it had got accidentally dropped in one of them, the result was negative.

I am trying to recover the folder if it is possible.

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thank you for your help.

All the Best

Powermacg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@powermacg

If you have an up to date Time Machine backup (BU), for example, it is possible to recover and restore the whole Google Chrome app and all its setting including Bookmarks - but have you one?

I'm happy to talk you through this if that would help.

Other BU options, including Clones, may offer a similar service.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

OK, and thanks, and BTW, none of my comments were meant to appear as being sarcastic.

Anyway, if they are still where they should be, you should be able to find them using the directions explained here:
How to Restore Chrome Bookmarks on Your Mac?
https://www.easeus.com/mac-file-recovery/restore-chrome-bookmarks-mac.html

If they aren't there, then I'd suggest retrieving them from your backup.
If you don't have a backup, then they've probably gone poof into the vaporware heavens. :Grimmace:

Or if you want some other suggestions, or the abobe method didn't work, try checking some of the hits here:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=e220WdG2O-zs8wesh7GYAQ

- Patrick
======

OP
P
Reaction score
Re. recovery of deleted Music Folder.......

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your response.

I do have Time Machine (TM), but unfortunately I didn’t set ‘Back Up Automatically’. Nevertheless, I opened the Preference file of the TM and clicked ‘Select Back up Disk’ , it brought up - ‘Other Airport Time Capsule'. Under that it said '(Set up an Airport Time Capsule that is not listed here)’. So I clicked the ‘Setup’ button, and it brought forth ‘Other WI-FI Devices’ with a picture of Globe and below the Globe it said ‘Internet’. Clicked ‘Internet’ and it gave me information as to: Connection: Connected
Router Address: …….
DNS servers: ………..

Ian, it is all very complicated to me! I don’t want to confuse you neither do I want you to waste your time. Another member Patrick gave me some web links, so I thought to click on them and see whether I can get my ‘Music Folder’ back. If I am successful, I will let you know!

Thanks for your time and kind offer !

Powermacg :)

If you have an up to date Time Machine backup (BU), for example, it is possible to recover and restore the whole Google Chrome app and all its setting including Bookmarks - but have you one?

I'm happy to talk you through this if that would help.

Other BU options, including Clones, may offer a similar service.

Ian

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you for your time and information Patrick.

I will check those links you have given and see whether I could recover the file. I will let you know whether I did or not.

Powermacg

Anyway, if they are still where they should be, you should be able to find them using the directions explained here:
How to Restore Chrome Bookmarks on Your Mac?
https://www.easeus.com/mac-file-recovery/restore-chrome-bookmarks-mac.html

If they aren't there, then I'd suggest retrieving them from your backup.
If you don't have a backup, then they've probably gone poof into the vaporware heavens. :Grimmace:

Or if you want some other suggestions, or the abobe method didn't work, try checking some of the hits here:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=e220WdG2O-zs8wesh7GYAQ

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.