macbook a1286 15" 2008/2009 logic board repairing question

Reaction score
hi there,

i'm trying to repair a macbook a1286 (i understood the model looking pictures online cause the serial was scratched away from the cover....the logic board just say 2009)
anyway, it won't turn on
if i'm going to measure on the power regulation i can see 3.3V but i do not have 5V
trying to bypass the thing, i discover that if i get rid on one or two power MOSes suddenly i can see 5V, but it won't turn anyway
i'm doing all of this without schematics cause i can't find any

please help me out

Richie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Schematics for Apple products are proprietary but sometimes can be found if you search hard enough. You might want to try going to www.ifixit.com and look over what they have regarding the MacBook Pro you're working on. You can also post questions on there to see if anyone can relate to your problem. Having said all that, trying to repair a logic board is not easy as most components are surface mounted.

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks chscag

looks like i found out the schematic
i see from the board and have confirmation from some videos online that a guy is using a software to have access to the serigraphic map, not present on the board
Do you know the name of the program and how it works ?

thanks again for yor time

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No sorry, I don't. You might try contacting him direct or post an open question on ifixit. Good luck with the repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You might want to try checking out any info there just might be here:
www.xlr8yourmac.com

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.