Software for Sony Voice Recorders

Reaction score
I have a Sony IC Recorder ICD-SX68. There does not see to be any Mac compatible software to use for my recordings. Only Microsoft. Does anyone have any know solutions?
Thank You

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

Solution to what? What is it that you want to do with this Sony? Does it connect by USB cord? What Mac? What version of the operating system ON the Mac? We need a LOT more information to be able to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have a Sony IC Recorder ICD-SX68. There does not see to be any Mac compatible software to use for my recordings.

Google can be very helpful if this is what you're asking:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=x0maWf35HNHM8ge2hrToCA

There you will find:
The software described herein may also be governed by the terms of a separate user license agreement.
 This software is for Windows and cannot be used for Macintosh
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3297851141.pdf

Sony does not in any way support the use of the IC series on any Mac hardware. All of the IC units are hard coded to work on PC and there are no Sony drivers available for your unit. The only thing I can suggest would be to record the playback from your recorder into a program like audacity audacity.sourceforge.net Either that or use Parallels or Boot Camp, and export the audio to the mac in a Wav or MP3 format. To use Boot Camp, you need the Boot Camp Assistant, which is located in Applications > Utilities.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5857514?tstart=0

Or do you have a saved file you're trying to play on a Mac??

As mentioned, more info is needed.

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I seem to remember going through this several years ago with one of these recorders (different brand IIRC). The device didn't have drivers but would appear on the desktop. As far as the system was concerned it was seen as a USB storage device and worked without specific drivers. It might be worth a try.

The files are stored as mp3 files so if they can be seen by the computer many Mac programs should be able to handle the files including (GarageBand, Amadeus Pro, and Audacity among others). You may have to open multiple folders to get to the files.

Note: In the section of the manual devoted to connecting the device to a PC it mentions that things may not work if too many usb devices are connected to the computer at the same time (1 or 2 at most). It also recommends not connecting the device through a hub since it may not work correctly that way either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.