Uninstall chrome

Reaction score
I am on a iMAC 10.12.6 and want to uninstall Google Chrome. It keeps coming up overtime I want to go someplace on the net. It is frustrating. I want to get the $%$$thing off. Can anyone help ???

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Use AppCleaner to remove all vestiges of any app. With Chrome, it should be simple enough to drag the Chrome icon from the Applications folder to the Trash can and then empty it. Now open System Preferences->General and look for the Default Web Browser and set it to Safari or whatever else you want to use.

OP
R
Reaction score
How do I find Google Chrome

I need to uninstall Google Chrome. I heard that you would just have to drag it to the trash . . . I have looked for it on the Finder but can not find it. Checked the Application folder. Any help would be appreciated . . .

OP
R
Reaction score
I can not find the file on my application section of the finder. Very frustrating. I use Safari . . . Any ideas on how I can find the 'icon' for google chrome???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Look in your "Applications" folder for "Google Chrome.app" and drag it to the trash. Chrome will not install anywhere else so it must be there unless you already uninstalled it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you install google chrome? Maybe, as chscag said, you already deleted it? Maybe, what you are seein is Google Chrome asking you to install it? If you don't want to see those ads any more, you can install Ghostery and AdBlock Plus, to help minimize ads and trackers in Safari.

https://www.ghostery.com/
https://adblockplus.org/

OP
R
Reaction score
Can not find Google Chrome in my Applications Folder

I can not find the file on my application section of the finder. Very frustrating. I use Safari . . . Any ideas on how I can find the 'icon' for google chrome???

I have checked and re checked the Applications folder with no luck finding the Google Chrome app. It keeps coming up when I want to go to my email, facebook etc. I am sure it must be in this computer but can't find it. Any ideas ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Does the Chrome icon appear in the Dock? If not, then Chrome is not installed on your Mac. Maybe your homepage has been changed?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also, it might be a good idea for you to run the anti malware application "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.app" which you can download for free from here.

OP
R
Reaction score
Does the Chrome icon appear in the Dock? If not, then Chrome is not installed on your Mac. Maybe your homepage has been changed?

The icon is not in the Dock. It still comes up all the time I am going to run the Anti-Malware.app. Hate to run anything because I am not good at the computer details. But will take a chance. Hope for the best.

OP
R
Reaction score
I found something in Bing Search that looks like it could be the Google Chrome icon.

/Users/rkoiles1/Desktop/Google Chrome icon?.png.jpg
I have attached a screen shot that I have saved as a jpg file. Would be grateful if you would look at it before I move it to the trash.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How about checking on the Default Browser which I indicated in Post #2???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.