My iMac won't connect to the internet

Reaction score
My computer won't connect to the internet even though I know our internet is working fine and I am using the correct password. My phone and laptop connect just fine. Any ideas?

M

MacInWin

What version iMac, what version macOS, what ISP, what router, what connection, what have you tried, what happened, what messages? I have lots of ideas but we need a ton more information before any of them make any sense.

OP
T
Reaction score
OS X Yosemite. The router is wireless but it has been connected for over a year up until a week ago. When I try to access our network and try to enter our password, it shakes as if the password is wrong. But it's right because I use the same password for my laptop and phone

M

MacInWin

If it shakes, the password is incorrect. No other explanation available for that result. So, type it in very carefully, check for caps lock, maybe reset the password, then reenter the new one on you laptop, phone and iMac.

M

MacInWin

You'll have to look at the router instruction manual or user's guide for how to change the password for the WiFi network. It varies from router to router. But what changed last week? Things don't usually just stop working, something changed. You said,
The router is wireless but it has been connected for over a year up until a week ago.
So what did you do a week ago?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mojave 10.14.3, Late 2015, 21.5" display, 2.8ghz, 16GB
I found sometimes I had to reboot my router when it was acting up, and then it smartened up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.