No green, yellow, red buttons in Lightroom program

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro, using Safari as my web browser. ALL other programs except Adobe Lightroom have the red, yellow, green buttons on the top left. I've tried Escape, restart, hovered my mouse over the "Lightroom" logo. Nothing brings them back. No problem with any other program.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you are trying to Quit the program, try Command + Q.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Strange???

I'm using LR (the creative cloud edition) on my iMac and MBP and the buttons are present on both screens.

Have you tried the different modes under the Window option in the menu bar?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@photogal

Long shot, I admit; but I wonder if you are in Full Screen Mode when you use Lightroom?

So, when in Lightroom, can you see the top menu bar and the Dock at the bottom? If yes, then I'm probably wrong.

If no, then move your cursor to the top of the screen and hover, the top menu bar should appear and you then have these options to exit Full Screen Mode:

Click on green button-

Click on View, and from drop down menu, select "Exit Full Screen"-

The third way, you appear to have tried, which is to use the Esc key on your keyboard.

I'm probably wrong, but worth a try.

Ian

OP
P
Reaction score
YES! Thank you! Under the Window menu, "Normal" was not checked. I had looked everywhere but there! Thanks again.

Strange???

I'm using LR (the creative cloud edition) on my iMac and MBP and the buttons are present on both screens.

Have you tried the different modes under the Window option in the menu bar?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.