Epson Stylus Photo R2000 printer filter failed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
We have an R2000 printer connected by wifi to our iMac running Yosemite and MBP13 on El Capitan.

We keep getting the message for the printer "stopped- filter failed on the iMac. I have cured it before by deleting the printer in System Preferences and adding it again. But today I can't get it to operate even after the delete/add. It operated OK with no problems from the MBP.

Nothing has been changed on the iMac, no updates. Now I am foxed by the problem?

Another thing is that when we can print and print from a PDF directly from Firefox we usually do so with the printer set in the economy mode and the 'gloss optimiser' turned off. Recently the printer prints, but with the gloss optimiser on and that is a complete waste of the optimiser and the printer won't run if that is empty. We have to print the Firefox to a PDF on the system and print from there which is a bit of a pain.

Any ideas on either/both of these please folks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.