Wacom Intuos 3 Pen weirdness

Reaction score
The pen's point click(tap) works most of the time but sometimes it won't register the click. But if I jump out of the program to another program and then go back to the first program it works! O.O I've tried adjusting the sensitivity in the System Prefs but so far that has not fixed it.

Anyone had trouble like this before?

Forgot to mention I reinstalled the Wacom Driver but that did not fix it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
OP
J
Reaction score
When I have the Wacom Control Panel open I can click on the panel and the Current Pressure indicator registers the click but then when I click on the Red Dot in the upper left corner to close the window it does not.

Have you tried changing the option to "hover & click"? Give it a few minutes then change back. The only other thing I think may help is an SMC reset.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295
I've pretty much changed every setting. The side button does not work correctly either for a double click.

Tried the SMC reset but it still does not work consistently.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Then it sounds as if the stylus pen is dying. Do you have the mouse that came with it? How does that work? You can probably find a pen for it on ebay.

OP
J
Reaction score
I hooked up the Wacom to another Mac and it worked fine, but the driver for that tablet was not installed. And I put a Intuos 2 tablet on the Mac and it also worked fine. So I think it might be the driver. But I have tried re-downloading the driver and two earlier versions of the driver and so farther nothing has fixed it. X.x

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.