Why is iPhoto so hard to use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I have been trying to so long to add photos and albums to iPhoto but nothing ever works. It just sits there saying that it is looking for photos...and then when I try to add jpegs to iPhoto it says that it cant read the file which is very weird...

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance
john

L

lil

Are you dragging the photo icons from Finder over the iPhoto window or dock icon?

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)
Has it always been like this, or did it just start up one day? Sounds like your library might need rebuilding. Follow the approriate directions here to rebuild your iPhoto library. Read through the article and make sure you backup any photos you have/had in the library first!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
repair the disk permisions

try it

Reaction score
iPhoto was giving me some issues last night. i have a canon 20D, which takes some pretty large format photos. well i was adding some pictures to my photobucket account, and to make the process go faster i usually resize the photos in paint. but since i dont have my PC anymore i cant do that. so i was wanting to resize the photo in iPhoto, but i didnt see any option for "resize"

can someone point me in the right direction please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
iHeartSTI said:
iPhoto was giving me some issues last night. i have a canon 20D, which takes some pretty large format photos. well i was adding some pictures to my photobucket account, and to make the process go faster i usually resize the photos in paint. but since i dont have my PC anymore i cant do that. so i was wanting to resize the photo in iPhoto, but i didnt see any option for "resize"

can someone point me in the right direction please?

You use the Export function to resize. I know, that's where you thought it would be huh. Haha. I never figured out that one myself -I guess they figure that surely no-one would want to resize a picture that they weren't exporting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.