USB Digital Microscopes.

Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience of using a USB digital microscope please? As I'm a bit house bound at the moment I though it might be a good way of passing some time and exploring a whole new world.
If you have used one, which have you used and what was your experience. Are the images good quality?
I am looking at the Grenova which seems as good as any but cannot find any sample images.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

https://uk.crenova.net/Digital-Microscope_DMC0001N_

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
C
Reaction score
Many thanks for that. I did do a search of the site before posting but like you found nothing. I don't want one for any serious use, just to pass some time with something a bit different.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The search function on this site often do not return results that one would expect. Sometimes even if you know a thread exists it doesn't seem that the search engine sees it. That seems to be common to a variety of sites that use this software.

You might have better luck going to a search engine and forcing that engine to search this site specifically. The syntax is search term site:mac-forums.com ​When I remember to do it this way it seems to work with both Google and Duck Duck Go. It should work with other search engines as well.

OP
C
Reaction score
You might have better luck going to a search engine and forcing that engine to search this site specifically. The syntax is search term site:mac-forums.com ​When I remember to do it this way it seems to work with both Google and Duck Duck Go. It should work with other search engines as well.
When I type search term site:mac-forums.com into Yahoo it just takes me to the Mac Forum, I can't see how to ask the specific question to find microscopes?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I probably could have made that clearer. Replace the words search term with words/phrases that describe what you are looking for. you could, for example, enter "usb microscope" site:mac-forums.com I tried it and got these results. The search term does not necessarily need to be in quotes. Using the quotes often generates results that are a bit more relevant but excludes quite a bit of stuff some related/some not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.