New Iphone 7 Jet Black with white spot on the back

Reaction score
I just bought the Iphone 7 Jet Black and there is a white spot on the back cover which is not that visible when in the dark but you can see it clearly in the light, do you know what this is exactly?? Anyone has seen this before, I unboxed the phone and it was there.
Anyway to clean it and make it disappear??:(

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to our Forums.

Whilst a screenshot of the spot might help, the better idea, in my view, would be to return the phone.

You don't say whether you bought the iPhone direct from Apple, but any supplier is bound to replace it without question.

Do that now or you might miss the opportunity.

Ian

OP
K
Reaction score
A warm welcome to our Forums.

Whilst a screenshot of the spot might help, the better idea, in my view, would be to return the phone.

You don't say whether you bought the iPhone direct from Apple, but any supplier is bound to replace it without question.

Do that now or you might miss the opportunity.

Ian

Thank you Ian, no the phone was bought from a plocal dealer, we don't have official Apple store here, I already returned the first one because the box was not in good shape and it was missing the SIM Holder Pin, the phone didn't power on first time, the battery was totally out!!
so now I'm with this, you think it's faulty or it needs just better cleaning?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
To be honest, I can't possibly say whether it's faulty or otherwise.

But your previous experience with your local dealer, doesn't inspire confidence, to say the least.

Naturally, I had no idea about where you live or the lack of Apple stores and the like.

As far as you can tell so far, does the iPhone appear to function properly?

I must say I'd be very concerned about the reliability of the dealer and the expensive iPhone.

Sorry I can't offer better advice.

Ian

OP
K
Reaction score
To be honest, I can't possibly say whether it's faulty or otherwise.

But your previous experience with your local dealer, doesn't inspire confidence, to say the least.

Naturally, I had no idea about where you live or the lack of Apple stores and the like.

As far as you can tell so far, does the iPhone appear to function properly?

I must say I'd be very concerned about the reliability of the dealer and the expensive iPhone.

Sorry I can't offer better advice.

Ian

Thank you IAn, yes the Iphone is clearly new without this spot, it's functioning proprely and everything is new, the box and all accessories. The box was already sealed. I have read many articles about the Jet Black that it is very sensitive and looses quality very fast.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Jet Black iPhone color is highly suseptible to scratches as noted by Apple. A google search of the various iPhone forums and Mac forums will reveal the same thing. My advice is to either return the phone and opt for another color or put your new Jet Black iPhone in a case and don't worry about it.

When I purchased my iPhone 7+ I thought about how nice the Jet Black looked but on further consideration, decided on the Silver version. I'm glad I did because the Silver has held up real well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.