LG 32MA68HY and MacBook Air 2015

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post on forums, and I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice. I have an early 2015 13" MacBook Air and I'm trying to connect it to a 32" LG external monitor (LG 32MA68HY). I read online that the should be compatible, but I get nothing but black on the monitor when I connect them (using Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptor). Was I just misinformed? Are they incompatible?
I'm not very technical when it comes to computers/peripherals, so I appreciate any help or advice!
Chad

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your MBA can drive that monitor without any issues. The native resolution on that display is 1920x1080 (or 1080P) which is no problem. If the monitor and MBA don't detect each other, then the first thing to look at is the cable to ensure that you have a good one. Turn both the MBA and display on and then plug the cable in, this should cause the MBA screen to flicker for a moment and the display to go from sleep to awake state while it tries to figure out what was connected. If the display and/or the MBA don't recognize the cable insertion, then try another cable..

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you!

It worked with another cable. I guess the one that came with the monitor was sub-par. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it!
Chad

Your MBA can drive that monitor without any issues. The native resolution on that display is 1920x1080 (or 1080P) which is no problem. If the monitor and MBA don't detect each other, then the first thing to look at is the cable to ensure that you have a good one. Turn both the MBA and display on and then plug the cable in, this should cause the MBA screen to flicker for a moment and the display to go from sleep to awake state while it tries to figure out what was connected. If the display and/or the MBA don't recognize the cable insertion, then try another cable..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Excellent..the native resolution of your MBA and your 31" display are relatively close to each other, so that will work well...but if you were to upgrade to a MBP, then the Retina display will make you cry for only having a 1080P display..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.