2 factor authentication

Reaction score
I set up 2 factor authentication for my iCloud on my Macmini. I now cannot use my long time password to log on to my Macmini. I have no problems using mi iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
I set up 2 factor authentication for my iCloud on my Macmini. I now cannot use my long time password to log on to my Macmini. I have no problems using mi iPad.
We lack information to help you, I believe. If the forum cannot assist you, you may want to talk by phone with Apple support : <https://getsupport.apple.com/>, start by selecting the mac and aim for support by phone. You need a phone and an internet connection to do that.

First, gather useful information and write it down in front of you:

For your account on your macmini: login and password.

For your iCloud account (Called AppleID): login (like [email protected]) and password; three security questions and replies (those you used before moving to two-factor authentication); your date of birth (always useful to remember); your secondary email address (to use to recover your primary in case the primary gets lost); your iCloud keychain 4-digits security code (that is the one you set-up when you set-up keychain sharing, I believe).

Apple support is great. They do screen sharing but do not take over commanding you mac as Microsoft or my ISP do. HTH.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response. I have prepared the necessary information and will begin the road to recovery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
Tell us how it went. We do not want to leave you in the blue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.